One year later


Kirsten with her siblings in 2005

A year ago this week our niece Kirsten Hinckley was violently taken from us while shopping for Valentines at Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City. It has been a hard year without Kirsten, especially due to the circumstances in which she lost her life. We miss her terribly and will always have a hole in our hearts for her.

My sister-in-law April wrote more about Kirsten and her own experiences in losing an infant son.

I have some very sweet photos of Kirsten at our wedding when she was playing with lots of her younger cousins. The last time I saw Kirsten Colin was about 7 months old and I am glad they were able to meet. Like April, I like to think that Kirsten is still looking out for her little cousins and is keeping our in utero baby girl company until she joins us in the Spring.


Valentine's Day will always be bitter sweet.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  1. DanaLee said...
    I am glad you have such sweet memories of Kirsten. I'll say extra prayers of comfort for your family this week as this difficult anniversary lingers.
    april said...
    thanks, annie. when i read through my journal, i had made note of how much attention kirsten had given to the girls when we last saw them. she certainly did seem to enjoy kids and was so sweet and patient with them. i'm sure she is looking out for all these little ones.
    Erin said...
    We were just remembering Trolley Square yesterday and what happened there. Hugs to you.

Post a Comment