Huntington Beach

Since Brian's schedule has moved to evening rehearsals, we have the days together and are able to do things like eat lunch on the peer at Huntington Beach (did this today). I was at the camera and did the best I could with a sleeping baby attached to my body. It was lovely and in the mid 70's on the beach. The bird does not seem to know he is not supposed to be here.
A few of these surfers were speaking very loudly. They do not have a very broad vocab since every other word started with f and only had four letters. So sad when people are under-educated and do not know how to express complex emotions. Poor surfers.



Colin loves anything he can touch and move around. He frequently tells us "I working."

Good-bye Huntington Beach!

Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

  1. The Wards said...
    You really will get tired of my nostalgic comments, but I grew up at that beach! We had the famous HB parking pass on our extended mormon van every summer until I turned 12 and we moved to Ventura County. We would literally go to the beach 5 or 6 times a week in the summer. Oh, that beautiful weather makes me so jealous. Especially on a grey, overcast, England day! No seasons, but who needs seasons when you can have all that glorious sunshine.
    april said...
    ok, when i saw the title of this, i teared up a little. my grandparents would take us to huntington beach a lot; i even went the last time i was with my uncle before he passed away. my opa really isn't doing well; he doesn't know to talk to me on the phone when i call. anyhoo, don't mean to be so depressing. i have good memories there and even pics of my girls at the beach. glad you had a good time. i love colin's "i working". evan's catchphrase of late seems to be: "what you doing, mommy?"
    singin'mama said...
    Poor Surfers indeed! Sounds like you are enjoying the nomad life again. Wish Brian luck in his upcoming performances!
    Brandon and Becca said...
    My heart weeps for surfers.
    Ann said...
    I love the nostalgic comments! We still need to find a good donut place and would love to get to a beach early like you suggested but the opera lifestyle kind of does not allow for early mornings. Most of my comments on Leah's blog are all "we wish we were with you all in England". And I hope they were mainly happy tears from April. I am so sorry about Opa.
    malia said...
    so cute: "i working"

    so funny: "poor surfers"

    so love it: your pictures
    april said...
    yeah, annie, good memories. bittersweet tears/teary eyes (i hardly ever cry).
    Momenteralee said...
    D here. Sadly, a similar inability to express complex emotions also seems to run rampant among many of the doctors I associate with on rotation. Maybe they wish they'd decided to be surfers? Love looking at your blog by the way.

Post a Comment