Colin has turned into a great tourist. A few Japanese tourists are also taking the above image home (as they kept stopping to photograph him.) His eyes were irritating him yesterday, which were part of our misadventure. I'll go in order and chronicle the first mishap first.


Mishap #1: Here is Brian at Shark's Cove after some snorkeling time. This only happened after we locked the keys in the trunk of our rental car. We really worked together on it (Brian put the keys in my purse thinking I would take it to the beach but not wanting to take wallets and cell phones to the beach, I asked him to leave it in the trunk, not knowing the keys were in there. As Brian and Colin were walking down to the beach I locked the car, assuming Brian had the keys. Great teamwork!) We were very fortunate that there was a service station across the street where Brian was able to call a tow/lock out guy. This is the first time we have locked ourselves out of a car in nearly 6 years of marriage, so the fee we had to pay averages out to just about $10 a year.


Mishap #2: We went back to the Polynesian Cultural Center to explore the villages since we had just gone to the Luau and big show the evening before. As previously mentioned, Colin's eyes had been bugging him so he wanted to wear my sunglasses. I was wearing contacts so I switched to my glasses so I could use my prescription sunglasses. We went on the boat ride through the PCC (see boat above) and at one point when Jane was a little fussy and I was trying to calm her down, she ripped the only pair of prescription glasses I am traveling with off my face and threw them in the river. Since we use Zenni Optical, the glasses were only worth about $10 and if I had another pair with me on the trip it would not have been a big deal, but I kind of needed my glasses. The lady sitting behind me was very nice to note where we were when they fell in and one of the great PCC workers got in the river and slowly walked around until he found them. I am grateful to have them back so I did not have to watch the IMAX in my prescription sunglasses.


If those are the only mishaps of our trip we are very lucky! Just two days until we head home now.

PS. . . we made it home on a red-eye last night and I slightly question my current level of functioning. I think I will just re-do the posts without photos in the next little while. We really loved Hawaii. I am sure everyone is getting a little sick of the great time we had in Hawaii.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comment:

  1. Brandon and Becca said...
    Definitly not sick of Hawaii posts. Just wanting to go back. It would be fun to do some family traveling there on the Stucki side.

Post a Comment