Getting our crafty on

Very much not my idea (think I first saw it from Jeanette) but Colin's little Christmas token for fellow pre-schoolers turned out pretty cute. I should post the out takes of his photos, he is very hard to photograph right now!

Also below (can I keep the kids from seeing this? If I try hard, yes but they love to look at the blog.) Brian has been building a stage for the vintage Little People I have been obsessively collecting. Our kids play with them everyday and we thought they would have fun with a stage. I got the idea from a craft book Kristy Roser Nuttall gave me (who just had her 4th baby in India, yay for Nuttall boys!!!)
Anyway, we have printed a few photos from our travels to serve as backdrops and the Little People will have a system of magnets to control them without touching them. There will also be bright red velvet curtains! Yes, we feel most crafty.

Now just to deal with Brian leaving again for 6 days tomorrow, getting home about 3 days before Christmas and leaving for a month the day after Christmas. I have the capacity to get myself very worked up over the current situation but it will all be good.
Posted by Picasa


8 Comments:

  1. susan m hinckley said...
    What fun ideas! Your kids will LOVE the stage. You two should get crafty more often. Bravo!
    Anonymous said...
    Ohhh- thats soo much fun!
    Marilyn Stucki said...
    Ann, I know what a sacrifice you made so Brian could spend a few days here. I want you to know how grateful I am. i hope your Christmas is joyous. I love you.
    Julie said...
    A crafty token totally snick-worthy! We might have to try that one sometime! fyi, to snick is to sneaky take something. :)
    Dmarie said...
    what an adorable idea!! (even if you borrowed it, thanks so much for sharing!)
    Kristin said...
    That stage is UNreal. You guys are cool parents.

    And um, I want one.
    Unknown said...
    Man, is there anything you guys do that isn't super cool!!! I'm glad you are so good at sharing.
    Unknown said...
    Man, is there anything you guys do that isn't super cool!!! I'm glad you are so good at sharing.

Post a Comment