I need a ketchup

I think I first hear about the uses of little ketchup packets for medicinal purposes from Sue Anne. I believe it was her sister-in-law Jeanette (who we later became friends with AND she is a long lost cousin of mine, anyway) she would freeze the fast food ketchup packets for little kid-sized ice packs. My kids are somehow hurting themselves all the time and they have LOVED having their own ice packs.

It is nice too because our freezer is on the bottom. Anytime there is a little bonk, the non-injured sibling loves to run to the freezer to get the ice pack. It is just enough of a distraction to make the pain of whatever happened usually go away very quickly. Jane has chewed through a couple of them to eat the ketchup, but that has not happened in a while. I guess we could go by a Taco Bell sometime to give her a little spice.

Colin was posing for me and knew to make a sad face.

8 Comments:

  1. rusted sun said...
    That is very clever, especially for kids like mine who NEED band-aids. Thanks for the great idea.
    Julie said...
    That is really funny, & a pretty good idea too!
    Cute Colin :)
    malia said...
    Brilliant!!! Maybe I should save those little suckers...Oh wait. I don't have kids. Hahahaha! And I love the posed sad face. :)
    Unknown said...
    I personally love Colin's just too small pyjamas. Sometimes its hard to retire a pair of trusty pj's.
    Ann said...
    Yes, Colin has had those pj's since he was 2. The bottoms go just below his knees now so perfect for summer!
    Anonymous said...
    I like that!!!
    Brandyn said...
    THANKS for this reminder...I just {like last week!} threw out about a dozen of those little packets!
    Anonymous said...
    Great idea! I will never throw the packets away !

Post a Comment