We really want Colin to like bedtime, so we've been trying to codify his bedtime ritual, which seems to be growing more elaborate all the time. Mommy does jammies and makes a bottle, starts some story time in the living room. Story, run around, drink a little bottle, play piano, more story, escape to the kitchen, then prayers and say night night to mommy. Daddy takes him up to say night night to Papa and Nana, then into his bedroom. Brush teeth, another story, lullaby, cuddle with daddy, swoop down onto his pillow, wind music box pillow which plays 'you are my sunshine', sing some more and rub tummy or back. At this point we were having success saying goodnight and leaving him to fall asleep in his bed, but alas- he has become proficient both at getting out of his crib AND defeating the child proof (ha!) knob on his door. So all is lost. He now wants to exit his room and hang out with Papa in the office. Now have added lay down on mattress next to crib until he's asleep, but this has got to stop. He's so sweet and cuddly during all of this bedtime thing, it's very hard to get upset at his escape antics.



Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  1. DanaLee said...
    I don't know if it's possible for him to be any more darling. He really is a handsome boy and sounds like a joy to be around. Here's hoping that the NC opera wants Brian back again soon!
    singin'mama said...
    Ugh! I can remember how difficult Adam was to get into a routine. I think we succeeded for about a week and then we went on a big trip where he had to sleep in our bed. He's never gone to sleep alone since. Yeah, he's four now, I know. And Lincoln,...well...Let's just say that we don't have the time or energy to spend on a bedtime routine for him. Having two is a bit more complicated because they gang up on you. I'm not a big advocate of letting them cry themselves to sleep because it never worked for my boys. I just figure, these are precious moments with them, so I'll enjoy it while I can and eventually they'll grow out of it...I hope...
    malia said...
    Oh! So sweet and so exhausting at the same time. I must say, that is a very elaborate bedtime routine. :) I don't think that I have what it takes to be a parent! You guys are great!

Post a Comment