Happy Thanksgiving! So this photo kind of goes with the previous Fall holiday as we have yet to take any photos today. This is Brian's pumpkin from a couple of years ago. (Note, it is his own design not one of those cut out things.) We have many things to be thankful for this year and instead of listing them, I have a recipe to share.

If you have extra canned pumpkin around the house, I highly recommend the following Pumpkin Bisque, and it is super easy. (Thanks to my sister Jeanie for reading me the recipe over the phone.)

1/4 cup onions (Brian prefers it if I use shallots)
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups canned pumpkin
2/3 cup sour cream
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups cream (or I use milk and half and half to make it a bit lighter. It needs some fat for the deliciousness.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
sour cream, chives, and fresh nutmeg for garnish

Saute the onions or shallots in the butter and set aside. Combine all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly. Add the butter and onions and blend together (I like using our little inversion blender, or pour in a regular blender). Serve cold or hot. When heating, heat slowly to not bring to a boil due to all the dairy.

This comes from Julie Jensen's first Mormon cookbook. They are great books if you ever get a chance to look at them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment