The Good Earth



Brian here-
So an enormous amount of my time has been spent learning the ropes in the garden this summer, but I haven't done a very good job of documenting my efforts. These pictures are from sometime last month. I'll have to get out and take some pictures of all the tomoatoes that are currently ripening. I have about 25 plants out there- 7 varieties.
I just planted a new round of seeds for fall harvest- Chioggia beets, bright lights chard, spinach, broccoli rabe, broccoli, chinese cabbage, lettuces, etc. Wish them luck. Hopefully we'll be eating lots of salads into the fall.



New potatoes and a little sweet onion.



Radicchio set to be grilled. It was served with lamb chops from the farmer's market. I love cooking from the garden. The other night we had Enchiladas verdes with roasted green salsa from my tomatillos. It was special. I used to think most grocery store produce other than tomatoes compared reasonably well to garden produce. WRONG.



Swiss chard goes to its death.

It's not easy keeping up with all the fruit trees on the property. This year the apricot branches were fruiting like clusters of grapes. We made jam, dried some, ate a lot fresh, and of course made apricot pie.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment